Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane

Ok..... so the title of this initial post is mega-cliché.... what-eva!

I am only 2 days away from leaving good old Wellington and haven't started packing yet - typical leave it to the last minute Daniel! :)

I must say that emotions are mixed - extreme excitement blended with nerves - but primarily the excitement of experiencing history, architecture, culture, people, spontaneity, countryside and pubs throughout Europe and the Middle East is what is on my mind!

For those who have no idea where I am off to, these are the countries I plan on visiting over the next 8 months: UK, Netherlands, France, Spain, Morocco, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Jordan, Israel, Egypt and Dubai.

I will miss Wellington - especially my friends and family but also the quirky things that are unique to home including Cuba Street hippy-treehugger vibes, white-trash trying to be classy by dressing up on a Saturday night but most importantly the sense of community only offered by the good people of Wellywood!

I have an international cellphone, so you can txt/call me on +372 579 16631. It's an Estonia number - weird huh? But it works in practically every country in the world - so makes life easy.

I leave Wednesday morning.... Wellington - Auckland - Hong Kong - London. Hopefully my plane doesn't get delayed at Heathrow!

Next update from the UK....

No comments:

Post a Comment